I have just received notice that the wonderful Alienora (www.alienorajt.wordpress.com) has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. Something about my writing managed to snag her attention awhile back and she has been a source of regular encouragement and inspiration ever since. Some may have even caught my post thanking Alienora for her previous, generous recommendation.
According to the rules she posted on her blog, I’m supposed to do the following:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the questions Alienora has asked of her nominees, and my responses to them:
1. What birth sign would you like to be born under? Or month, if birth signs aren’t your bag!
I’m a Sagittarius and I love it, wouldn’t change it for any other sign.
2. What is your favourite food? Don’t feel you have to limit yourself on this one!
First and always, Italian. Manicotti over everything else, though it’s all good in my eyes (taste buds?)
3. What makes you angry?
This is a difficult one. Many things make us mad, or tiffed, are pet-peeves, but true anger… I would have to say injustice.
4. How do you relax in your busy life?
Reading. I can’t say writing, because that’s anything but relaxing when you’re trying to create. When I read, it allows my whole body and mind to utterly relax and simply enjoy someone else’s imagination.
5. What sort of music do you listen to/play/enjoy?
Everything except for modern country, just not a fan. For relaxing I listen to new age or classical; For fun, I listen to hip-hop or R&B; When I’m housecleaning, I like 80’s or classic rock; When I’m feeling it, I listen to jazz and bluegrass and when I’m driving, I like alternative rock, because I am guilty of having a bit of road rage.
I took beginners piano lessons, but circumstances arose and I haven’t returned to it. But, I love the piano!
6. If you were an animal, which one would you be – and why?
It’s a toss up between a dolphin or a wolf. Both are compassionate, community animals that work together and protect one another, not to mention possess intelligence beyond our comprehension.
7. What are you favourite colours?
Red always captures my attention, I think it’s a beautiful color, but I tend to wear a lot of blues.
8. And what, in your opinion, do these colours say about your personality?
I think they say I tend to appear conservative, but on the inside, I’m an author of erotica! 🙂
9. How do you get your blog out to the wider world?
I have been attempting the help of ‘About.me’ which, insofar, has generated a lot of compliments and views of my about.me bio, but not very many blog followers. I’ve found that commenting on blogs that I find and like has earned my blog the most notice.
10. What do your family and friends think of your blogging habit? (example: a relative of mine has referred to my addiction as, ‘…the Crack Cocaine world of blogging…’ – and, whilst it was said jokingly, there may be an element of truth in the assertion!)
Alienora, blogging is crack!
Both of my parents are faithful followers of my blog and think it’s great. My kids think I spend far too much time on my laptop and my friends are used to me dedicating 98% of my time to one form of creativity or another. In essence, I suppose not much differently than they feel toward my book writing!
I’d like to thank Alienora again for her nomination. Stay tuned for my list of nominees and their questions…